Gyeon Q2 Mohs Ceramic Paint Coating, 30ml
Q2 Mohs is the hardest automotive paint coating available to a wide range of users. Given the average automotive paint hardness, which lies within the range of 3-4H according to the Mohs scale, Q2 Mohs adds a further 3H, which makes the paint extremely resistant to scratches. The extraordinary hardness of the coating preserves the effects achieved during the paint correction and is synonymous with a much slower paint degradation during maintenance.
SHRINKAGE As opposed to the majority of coatings present on the market, Q2 Mohs demonstrates the lowest shrinkability parameters. Whereas most coatings shrink from 0.2 up to 0.03 microns, the shrinkability of Q Mohs does not exceed the level of 5%, while its thickness - 0.2 microns as registered just after application, drops to 0.19 when fully dried. Traditional protective products such as wax or polymers do not display any measurable thickness whatsoever.
DURABILITY is one of most salient merits of the product. It is able to maintain 80% of its original hydrophobic properties and to last on the paint throughout a period of at least 12 months, thus being a guarantor of optimum car protection against environmental factors and exploitation conditions. If juxtaposed with waxes, even the top-performing ones, it lasts three times longer.
SELF-CLEANING ABILITY ensures the impeccable appearance of a vehicle between consecutive washes, as it drains most pollutants in a very simple way. Hence, the maintenance of a car becomes completely trouble-free and most contaminants may be removed by pressure washing.
Q2 MOHS is easy to apply also on dark colored paints. Each added layer will improve durability and scratch resistance. The product should only be applied on paint in very good condition, new or just after a paint correction.
Before you start application, use a strong degreasing agent (Q2M Iron and Q2M Prep are recommended). Always wear a face mask and hand protection gloves.
- Wash the car with a strong degreasing agent.
- If the car has scratches make sure paint correction is performed first to remove all imperfections.
- Ensure the surface is oil free and completely dry. Use Q2M Prep before applying the coating.
- Shake the Q2Mohs bottle before use
- Apply a thick layer of Mohs in a criss cross motion. Pay attention to the leveling of the coating. If needed do a second criss cross application to achieve a perfect even layer.
- If the coating is being applied in hot conditions, divide larger panels into sections.
- Start wiping off before the product completely dries out. Wipe off carefully, do not leave any streaks or smudges. Please note that the drying time may vary from 30 seconds to as much as 2 minutes depending on a country''s climate. Apply at least one more coat after a minimum of 1 hour. Each additional coat increases thickness and hardness. Apply a maximum of 3 layers of Mohs.
- Let it dry for 12-24 hours and wipe off with Q2M Cure with a soft microfiber towel and not directly on the paint/coating. Do not allow any streaks to be left. Work in sections or panel by panel.
- In hot , rainy climates we recommend finishing the hood, roof and trunk with an HD natural wax after at least 12-24 hours to protect the coating against potential water spots while curing completely for 2-3 weeks. The coating is fully dry after 24 hours. Only after that time can the car be driven. The drying process can be shortened if the coating is heated with infrared lamps. 10 minutes per panel. Do not wash the car with any detergents within the first 7 days.
Skin protection recommended. Work in a well-ventilated area. Store in a dark, dry and cool place. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid applying in direct sunlight.
|Availability||Online + In Store|
|Units Per Case (Bulk/Case Orders)||6|
You may also be interested in